Politicians like to make speeches on Memorial Day praising those in the military and eulogizing those who have died serving our country. One day a year is spent remembering and honoring those who died protecting our way of life, but our government and screwed up society have priorities that put veterans at the back of the line the rest of the year. Michelle Malkin provides a few comparative facts that should be embarrassing to everyone and a wake-up call to a society that has lost its way.
From Michelle Malkin
– In Sacramento, Calif., lawmakers are moving forward with a budget-busting plan to extend government-funded health insurance to at least 1.5 million illegal aliens…In Los Angeles, federal bureaucrats callously canceled an estimated 40,000 diagnostic tests and treatments for American veterans with cancer and other illnesses.
– In New York, doctors report that nearly 40 percent of their patients receiving kidney dialysis are illegal aliens…In Memphis, a VA whistleblower reported that his hospital was using contaminated kidney dialysis machines to treat America’s warriors.
– In Arizona, illegal aliens incurred health care costs totaling an estimated $700 million in 2009. In Phoenix, at least 40 veterans died waiting for VA hospitals and clinics to treat them.
– At the University of California at Berkeley, UC President Janet Napolitano (former secretary of the Department of Homeland Security) has offered $5 million in financial aid to illegal alien students. Across the country, 16 states offer in-state tuition discounts for illegal aliens…In 2013, the nation’s most selective colleges and universities had enrolled just 168 American veterans…Anti-war activists have waged war on military recruitment offices at elite campuses for years.
– In 2013, the Obama Department of Homeland Security released 36,007 known convicted criminal illegal aliens…Department of Homeland Security issued a report in 2009 that identified returning combat veterans as worrisome terrorist and criminal threats to America.
Read more embarrassing facts here: How Americans treat Veterans
Tags: 2016 Presidential election, American veterans, Democrats, Department of Homeland Security, Homeland Security, illegal aliens, illegal immigration, Immigration Reform, kidney dialysis, Liberalism, medical care, Michelle Malkin, political correctness, politics, Progressivism, Social Media, VA, Veterans